I used to love filling in these surveys when I had a Livejournal. I found this one on Clean Eating Chelsey’s blog.
1) What is one of your favorite ways to spend a Saturday?
With Rich, enjoying a lazy breakfast, then heading out exploring a local town for a day, then coming back home to watch some films, relax, and cook something amazing for ourselves. Or with friends, going out for breakfast, going to the park/shopping, then getting our gladrags on and heading out for a boogie. Or on my own, reading, writing and eating.
2) List your top three favorite TV shows.
How I Met Your Mother
The IT Crowd
3) Would you rather be in pictures or take them?
Take them, although I do enjoy a bit of posing.
4) Why do you blog?
I blog because I like to write, I like to share my experiences with others, I enjoy the blogging ‘community’, and I’m a bit narcissistic.
5) Share five websites that you visit regularly…
6) If you could have lunch with one person from your Twitter list who would it be?
I would take Sad Apostrophe out for lunch. I think they need cheering up.
7) List a few of your favorite snacks.
Lately I’m all about cottage cheese, with sea salt and black pepper, with a crumbled up cracker mixed into it. I enjoy all manner of fruit, vegetables, and crisps. Celery with peanut butter. Rice cakes with laughing cow cheese, cucumber, and either Marmite or burger mustard. Cereal bars (not the kind with fried fruit in though, vom).
8 ) Do you have a pet? If so, what kind?
No pets round here. I had mice when I was younger.
9) Which three material possessions would you struggle to live without?
My laptop. My diary. My car.
10) What’s your favorite drink?
I really like cream soda.
11) Do you enjoy cooking?
Yes, I find it very satisfying.
12) Do you have children?
No. That would have been quite a secret to keep for a whole year of blogging, wouldn’t it?
13) What are your favorite hobbies?
Do writing and reading even count as hobbies any more? I do them a lot. Blogging, if that counts, and cooking. I really need to get some more interesting hobbies. I’m planning on learning Italian this year (or trying to) so that might count as a hobby.
14) Would you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing?
Generally outgoing, but I can be painfully shy.
15) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change?
I would stop being a nail biter. It’s an awful habit and I’ve actually managed to stop twice before, but now I’m doing it again. Blech. I wish I could change the part of my brain that reverts to chewing on my nails when stressed.
16) Who is your favorite actor/actress?
I love Winona Ryder.
17) What’s the coolest thing you’ve done this week?
I signed up to do some volunteering, all social media/writing/press/events related so if it all goes through it will be good fun, a good thing to do, and good experience and CV fodder. Win/win all round!
18) Do you live near your family or far from them?
I live with my mum, my dad and my younger sister. My older sister lives about 2hrs away with her boyfriend. My grandma lives 40 minutes away. My aunts, uncles & cousins are all about an hour away.
19) List three of your talents.
Writing, ability to skim-read and spot mistakes very quickly, making people laugh.
20) What is your greatest attribute?
I’m really good at analysing and noticing patterns in the way that I behave, and the way that I react to certain things. Some people seem very clueless about their own emotions but I think I’ve got mine sussed out. I just need to work on not overreacting, rather than just being aware that I have a habit of doing it.