The fact that it’s August already makes my head spin. Where did all those months go? How have I graduated already? Do I have to be a grown-up now? Where has all this stuff come from?
I’m going to break with tradition and make a few resolutions now. Things I want to achieve by the end of 2011.
- Read 26 books in order to finish my reading challenge.
- Write more. I’d like to have a portfolio of work by the end of the year that I would be proud to show to people.
- Soak up some culture and make some memories in Italy. (Shouldn’t be too hard.)
- Get rid of all the stuff I don’t need.
- Make a serious life plan. By serious I mean not ‘work in a New York diner and wear inflatable boobs.’
Ideally I would like to have won the lottery, got an amazing job, and be on my way to somewhere very exciting, but I thought it best to keep it to things that are under my control.
- Do you feel like this year has gone quickly?
- Any August resolutions?